The outdoor flood light is a sure-fire way to deter burglars and highlight the beauty of a person’s home’s exterior at the same time. However, there are numerous versions of this type of light available to choose from. However, finding the best one that suits the consumer’s need is the challenge. Here is quick guide that will help consumers decide which type of flood light will be best for their needs.
What to Consider When Choosing an Outdoor Flood Lights
- The Location of the fixture
- The type of light that you want
- Consumers Budget
- The design
Here is a list of the different types of exterior flood lights that consumers can choose from:
- Light emitting diode (LED) – this is a compact style light that provides low-intensity light that comes from a small fixture. It can easily be mounted in places that consumers need to light up. It has a timer that consumers can manually switch on and off. Recent models LED outdoor flood lights have motion sensors that detect movement in the area.
- Halogen Lights – halogen bulbs have the ability to beam out very bright light using lower wattage. Thus, consumers don’t have to worry about a huge increase in consumer’s electricity bill while enjoying the benefits of halogen lights.
- Solar outdoor lights – they are similar with halogen and LED lights in terms of function. However, solar outdoor lights generate their power from the sun instead of electricity. That means they are free to operate. These lights have a solar panel that captures the rays of the sun and automatically charges the battery of consumer’s fixture.
- Florescent lights – It uses a different bulb from the LED outdoor flood light and also different from suspended grow lights.
- Portable lights – they are either battery or solar operated. Since it’s portable consumers can move them around anytime.